Friday, November 19, 2010

How to change the current song from the headset in the N900

Like some people i got a N900 during the Meego Conference, so far I’m liking it and already have a few ideas of development things for it. On the other side I’m trying to force me to use it as my regular phone so i can show others the greatness of a real Linux stack based phone, the main problem I’ve found is that my Nokia-Symbian phone headset has very useful next/previous/pause/play song buttons that do not seem to work on the N900. Does anyone know how to get this to work?

4 comments:

Damnshock said...

Headset control?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=21182&highlight=headset+control

Stecchino said...

Wondering about that myself and so quickly tried all the possibly compatible headsets I own.
A Nokia AD-54 wired audio controller isn't working.
The buttons on a stereo bluetooth headset seems to work (the audio certainly does) but since I own a Sony-Ericsson HBH-DS200 which only has a play/pause I don't know if all functions are supported.
Anyway, if you want to take a little risk: I absolutely recommend bluetooth stereo headsets I would get this one: BH-214

Anonymous said...

I owned a BH-905. All function works well with the bluetooth. But when wired, it's sound only, no control.

Albert Astals Cid said...

@Damnshock: Thanks that seems to be mostly ok :-)